Emergency Communications Systems
911 Broadcast is the emergency phone broadcast service division of Database Systems Corp. (DSC).
Using our online emergency communications service, administrators can initiate emergency phone broadcasts to their community. This service is available from our call center or from a network of dialers that we manage. DSC provides one of the most comprehensive phone solutions and services in the emergency communications world today.
Whether you purchase your own emergency phone dialer or utilize our emergency communications service, you can rely on us to deliver your emergency alert messages quickly and accurately.
When an emergency situation arises in your community, our phone systems and service can contact your residents quickly and efficiently.
Should a disaster such as a flood or hurricane threaten your residents, we can provide emergency alerts and evacuation instructions immediately.
Plus our emergency dialers can connect calls to members of your emergency response team who are working from home or from remote locations.
Contact DSC for a FREE analysis and quote and to learn more about our emergency communications system and services.
What Is Automatic Emergency Phone Dialing?
The DSC automatic emergency dialers call numbers from a computer managed phone list. If the phone system detects a live person or an answering machine, it plays a recorded message providing details regarding the emergency.
If a busy signal or no answer is detected, the phone system can be configured to make multiple attempts to contact this household.
Messages delivered to residents can provide an option for the call recipient to speak with a member of your emergency team by simply pressing a button on the phone keypad.
Customer Profile - U.S. Post Office
The United States Postal Service® is an independent establishment of the Executive Branch of the United States Government. It operates in a businesslike way.
Today, the Postal Service™ delivers hundreds of millions of messages each day to more than 141 million homes and businesses.
The U.S. Post Offices in Columbus Ohio utilizes our 911 emergency broadcasting services to contact postal employees in the event of an emergency. Emergency phone messages
are sent to employees notifying them of a facility shutdown or other emergency situation. Messages also are sent informing employees to contact their emergency center number for specific information and instructions.
Types of Emergency Communication Phone Systems
Database Systems Corp. has developed a family of phone dialers that can be easily managed online and remotely. Our network-enabled PACER phone systems allow you to build your own network of emergency dialers or join others. Because emergencies dictate the time constraints required to notify residents, it is important that your emergency response phone system can provide this emergency notification in a timely manner.
By combining many phone dialers in a network, DSC gives you this fast response capability without the expense required to manage this resource.
- WIZARD Analog Phone Systems
- Our analog phone system known as the WIZARD series provides automatic emergency message dialing. This series can be configured from as few as 4 lines to up to 24. This enables you to broadcast up to 1500 messages per hour.
- PACER Digital Phone Systems
- This digital phone system can provide emergency message broadcasting using up to 10 T1 phone lines per system. This provides your community with an effective message delivery rate of up to 15,000 emergency messages per hour.
- Network Emergency Dialers
- Multiple PACER phone systems can be managed by one central program that distributes calls throughout a configured network.
Because availability of phone lines changes dynamically, our control software can optimize the distribution of calls based upon the phone resources that are available at any one moment.
Network emergency dialers can reside on your local area network or can be controlled over the internet. Because there is no limit to the number of dialers in your network, the number of calls per hour is limited only by the resources you have available.
Emergency Phone Dialers
DSC now offers an affordable and expandable emergency phone dialer and voice broadcasting (VB) analog phone system. This 4 line auto dialing system includes our voice message and broadcast Wizard software or comes optionally with our comprehensive software development toolkit.
You can program your own system or we can provide you with a custom message broadcasting application. These applications can be easily ported to our digital T1 phone system (PACER) when your call volume requires a larger system.
This entry level system can be easily expanded by adding agent lines and software to support a small response center including inbound emergency call handling and normal outbound dialing.
DSC provides voice broadcast software including our VB wizard development tool for creating custom phone applications. This wizard guides you through each step when defining your VB applications. Informational phone applications can be developed quickly. Simply record your phone prompts and fill in the blanks.
Activating Emergency Broadcasts
DSC phone systems allow you to initiate an emergency broadcast using several methods. Because emergencies can arise at any hour of the day or night, we have provided these multiple techniques so that you are not required to staff a center 24 by
- Emergency Control Center
- DSC provides an Emergency Control Center PC interface to our phone systems that manages one emergency phone dialer or an entire network of dialers. Our emergency control program runs either on your local dialer or on the network where your dialer resides. This program lets you download phone lists and emergency phone messages and initiate the emergeny broadcast.
This program likewise lets you configure your network or emergency dialers and produces reports on the performance of your system or network.
- Web Based Control Center
- Our web based emergency notification system lets you access a web page for managing and activating emergency broadcasts. After entering a secure user id and password, you can download phone lists and recorded emergency messages. Using a menu selection, you can select any phone list/message combination to be broadcast online and initiate the emergency alert.
- Phone Activated Emergency Dialing
- If you are not able to access the internet and use our web based emergency dialing interface, we allow you to initiate an emergency phone campaign using a simple touchphone into our phone system.
After properly validating your account id and password, the phone system lets you select a pre-recorded messsage (or record one while you are on the phone). It then prompts you to identify the list of phone numbers to be called (previously maintained under your account). Finally this phone program will let you listen to the message to be sent and inform you of the size of the list of numbers to be called as a final check. If everything is ok, then pressing a touchphone key activates the calling program.
- Computer Activated Dialing
- Our emergency notification network also supports computer and web connectivity using XML technology. Thus, emergency communication can be initiated from your website or computer by automatically sending our emergency phone system a message containing a list of one or more phone numbers and a message to be sent to these individuals. The message can be text (which is automatically converted to voice) or a voice file.
For further information, visit our Emergency XML messaging web page.
Online Emergency Broadcast Service Center
Database offers its clients both inbound and outbound emergency broadcast service with the ability to manage their own IVR
and voice broadcasting campaigns online. After signing up for our call center services, you can login to your own account with a unique user id and password. IVR clients can view activity reports on a real-time basis.
Voice Broadcasting clients can download voice recordings and call lists and even manage the start and end of their calling campaigns that are operating at our IVR call center. Users can view call campaign reports and the percentage of completion.
Inbound Call Distribution and Call Recording
The PACER phone system is far more than just an emergency communications phone system and emergency dialer. The PACER emergency phone systems have complete inbound call distribution capability including an ACD system and an optional IVR system. Callers can be prompted to enter the type of service required, etc. and the PACER autodialer will provide the requested information or transfer the caller to the appropriate emergency response team member. The PACER emergency phone dialers can blend all of these tasks together, making your emergency center a more complete and powerful response center. Reports from our phone dialers can be obtained quickly and easily, giving you an accurate and timely view of your center's operation. Plus all or selected inbound and outbound calls can be recorded for quality assurance and legal purposes.
Emergency Communications Dialer and Remote Agents
An important benefit of today's telecommunication advancement is the ability for your emergency response team to work from home. Database Systems Corp. has developed a family of telecom products that facilitate and promote this capability. Our PACER emergency phone dialers and computer telephony products fully support remote agents.
Now your workforce can be significantly expanded with the addition of work at home employees. The economic savings and environmental advantages are significant.
To obtain additional information about our remote agent capability with our emergency phone dialers, view our Remote Agent page.
Applications and Benefits of Emergency Communication Systems
Emergency Phone Dialers have a wide variety of applications within both commercial and government activities:
Emergency auto phone dialing and emergency autodialers provide you with significant benefits:
- Utility or service outages
- Emergency Notification Service
- Severe weather warnings
- Forest Fire warnings
- Emergency School Closings
- Call for volunteers
- Response team notification
- Emergency and Community Alerts
- Cost Savings
- Improved Control
- Efficient Use of Resources
- Maximized Productivity
Emergency Communication Systems Features
- Comprehensive Supervisor Command and Control System
- Emergency Autodialer Features
- Emergency Broadcast Service
- Emergency Notification System
- Emergency Autodialers and Remote Agents
- Preview, Progressive and Predictive Dialing
- Comprehensive List Manager with Data Import
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD systems) with ANI and DNIS recognition
- Hearing Impaired TTY / TDD Device Support
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR systems)
- Emergency Auto Dialers | Voice Recording System
- Softphone integration to CTI enable your existing notification system applications
- Report and Graphical presentation of historical phone data
Emergency Communications Information
Contact DSC to learn more about our emergency communications system for community alarms and severe weather warnings.